so many varieties and colors, yellow, red, and white,
so many different tastes, so many diverse transformations to enjoy:
- onion pudding, with pumpkin and bacon wrapped prawns
- fondue and porcini stuffed onion
- onion ravioli with borlotti beans cream and rosemary tuna
- risotto with caramelized onions, red wine and gorgonzola
- onion soup with potato crostini
- onion and fennel crumble
- sour pickled onion with raisins and pine-nuts, orange flavoured
- onion and bacon quiche
Everything good and so peculiar,
suppose it's going to be for me a very long onion style winter! :-)
if interested ... stay tuned!
the lovely yummie mess after cooking & eating
BTW, as onions are eye irritating,
and we grew up with the song "No Woman No Cry"
what's your best tip to avoid crying when peeling and cutting onions?
Chilling or freezing for a little,
wearing goggles or sun-glasses,
.... what more? ...
See you next week!