25 maggio 2009

Weekend Herb Blogging # 184 Round up



Here we are, WHB # 184 Recap is done, are you ready for it?

Let me give you some numbers, I love maths:

- Weekend Herb Blogging, one of the longest world wide blog event created by Kalyn in 2005, now under Haalo's direction: thanks both for your work!
- 7 countries participating, thank you all! It's been nice to travel with you all around the world to get a little taste from each: starting from Italy I had a bit of Greece, Scotland, Usa from East to West, Canada, Australia and Philippines, so it's your turn now!
- 13 varieties of herbs: calamintha nepeta, mint, oregano, saffron, cinnamon, cilantro, parsley, thyme, rosemary, sumac, paprika, cumin, chili powder, some of them unknown to me.
- 17 different vegetables: mushrooms, eggplants, lentils, squash, asparagus, potatoes, stamnaggathi (cichorium spinosum), onions and spring onions, fennel bulb, rhubarb, cucumbers, radishes, scallions, jicama, peppers, zucchini, garlic, cannellini beans, some really astonished me.
- 1 flower: dandelion (taraxacum officinale), we are so plenty everywhere in the countryside!
- 12 fruits: pomegranate, banana heart bud, pecans, pears, raisins, nuts, tomatoes, lemons, orange, lime, avocado, prunes, some really never seen and tasted.

Still I have learned a lot and bet you will too.
No chatters anymore but let me introduce you to this delicious recap: enjoy your foodie trip!


TS and JS of Eating Club Vancouver, Vancouver - Canada
Mualle (Turkish Eggplant and Lentil Stew with Pomegranate Molasses)

Ela of Everything's Herbed, Philippines
Laksa

Katie from Eat this, Haslett - Michigan - USA
Asparagus topped with sauteed mushrooms

Ivy of Kopiaste...to Greek Hospitality, Athens - Greece
Lavraki, stamnaggathi, Roasted potatoes and Greek style oregano pesto

Yasemen of Health Nut, Cleveland - Ohio - Usa
Poached Pears with Saffron in Rhubarb Sauce

Kalyn, our charming Founder, of Kalyn's Kitchen, Usa
Marinated and Roasted Vidalia Onion Rings with Parmesan

Pam of Sidewalk Shoes, Soddy Daisy - TN - Usa
Swordfish with Tomato, Cucumber and Radish Relish

Mangocheeks of Allotment 2 Kitchen, West of Scotland - Great Britain
Rosemary and lemon sorbet

Anna of Morsels & Musings, Sydney - Australia
Feta, Sumac & Herb Salad

Jerry of Jerry's Thoughts, Musings and Rants, Ontario - Canada
Jicama Salad

Haalo, our Chief Hostess, of Cook (almost) anything at least once,
Prune and Armagnac Clafoutis

Quick Pickled Radish Salsa

my entry - Italy
Tuna & Beans Cappuccino with Onion Grissini


And don't miss next week's appointment,
we'll all blog for Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.

14 commenti:

Ivy ha detto...

Great roundup Cinzia and I am always trying to find out about new herbs, vegetables or fruit. All recipes sound very interesting and shall check them out.

Shaheen ha detto...

Cindystar,

Such a beautiful line up and so many tempting dishes to recreate at home.

Thank you so much for hosting.

Elizabeth ha detto...

Excellent roundup, Cinzia. The recipe layout is wonderful with several new (to me) herbs and ideas. I also particularly like the maths section you added! Thanks again for hosting this week.

-Elizabeth

pam ha detto...

Great roundup! I also liked the maths section (even though I hate math)!

Sylvie, Rappahannock Cook & Kitchen Gardener ha detto...

Hello Cinzia - I mixed up my hosts and send my recipe to Marinja of Palachinkablog - and did not realize it until after the deadline. Sorry!
So here was my entry anyway, which makes a liberal use of cilantro, spring onions and radishes - all in season for me (in the Northern Virginia Piedmont, USA): Quick Pickled
Radish Salsa
http://www.laughingduckgardens.com/ldblog.php/2009/05/23/making-radishes-lovable/

Sylvie
(who obviously need to participate more often so she keeps tracks of the hosts!)

Haalo ha detto...

I don't know where to start - so many delicious treats! Thanks also for hosting Cinzia!

Cindystar ha detto...

Thanks again everybody!

Sylvie, no worry, I will add your recipe straight away and yes, do participate more often, definitely! It's fun and interesting!

TS of eatingclub vancouver ha detto...

Great round-up! Wow, that really is an impressive number of dishes made with veg/fruits/flowers!

Ela ha detto...

congratulations cindystar! great hosting.
hope u can host again...u've done math, how about chemistry next time? ha ha ha

Cindystar ha detto...

Thanks again!

Everything: clever question!... but... I leave you with a dilemma ... will I be able to astonish you next time with some special effects? ... hahahaha ...well, I'd better refresh in the pool ...high temperatures of these days make me speak silly ...

Anonimo ha detto...

Wonderful round up - everything looks so amazing! I wish I would have participated - next time!

Cindystar ha detto...

No problem, Shelly, I am back in the list to host, so we'll have time to meet again!

Dewi ha detto...

What a delicious round-ups Cindy. All entries look superb!

Cindystar ha detto...

Thanks, Elra, and have a nice w.e.!

Posta un commento

grazie della visita e gentilmente firma sempre i tuoi commenti!
thanks for passing by and please sign up your comments!

Template Design | Elque 2007